I am looking for a Minecraft player who is competent in writing simple instructions for a simple Minecraft guide about buildings. This project requires you to take original screenshots followed by your instruction to create a simple enough guide for other players to follow.
Please provide sample of buildings, structures, furniture, anything that you have built yourself.
I would love to find a talented game writer in which i can establish a long term business relationship with.
Type of job: Ghostwriting
PS. Insert “Minecraft guide” in your first sentence so I know you have read the entire post.
Want to know what game studios look for in a lead designer? Here’s a good overview to give you an idea:
- 5+ years game design experience
- One or more shipped game titles
- Proficiency in user experience and art design
- Demonstrated competency designing puzzle-oriented, logic-based, or educational games and mobile games
- At least one project developed via an agile software methodology
- Demonstrated understanding of core programming concepts
Demonstrated ability to:
a)work well within small development teams (5-10 people)
b)work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of people
c)work in a self-motivated manner with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment composed of students and faculty
- Ability to work with partially defined statements of tasks and objectives common to research settings
- Ability to understand concepts of game design, game mechanics, and balancing, as well as the use of game metrics and play test data to inform iterations of design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and integrate complex technical information associated with the domain of application for this game.
- Master of Fine Arts degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in design of crowd sourced, social network, crazy machine or tower defense games
- Demonstrated multiple shipped titles
- 2+ years graphic design experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage play testing, or evaluate user experiences
- Knowledge of developing novel games, especially games with a puzzle-like flavor
- Experience with information/data visualization
- Demonstrated understanding of the following; C, C++, and Java, Data structures, Discrete mathematics, Formal logic, Logical induction
A lead video game designer will need to attend a college or university that offers a four-year degree in computer engineering or computer software or have attended video game design school. They should be self-motivated and focused, as they are responsible for managing other video game designers. Because of the direct work with a team, a lead designer will also be able to work well in a collaborative environment with many team members, including other designers and artists creating the game. A true passion for video games is important for the role of designing them. It is generally preferable to have a professional background developing games and experience in Flash and script languages. Special attention is given to game designers that have experience in multivariate analytics.
A lead designer usually comes up with the original idea for a video game and is responsible for the management of the mechanics and level concept of a video game. The designer is also responsible for the level concept and building layouts, as well as modeling prototypes and creating scenarios.
The average salary for this position is between $45,000 and $90,000 per year, depending on experience and skill.
Student training programs and volunteer job openings only.
Modelers ; Organic and Hard surface.
Animators ; 2D and 3D Key Frame.
T.D.s ; Riggers, Dynamics and Cloth Artists.
Lighters ; Mental Ray Specialists.
Artists; Storyboard and Concept Designers
C++,MelScript,Python; Game Designers.
Fashion Designers, Actors And Models.
Please send your resumé, website or reel to the following email in order to apply
Duration: 6-18 months
Start date could be 11/15 or 12/1
Job type: **W2 ONLY**
Production support team
Will work off hours, off days
Most likely Tuesday through Saturday night shift. Will work holidays
Needs to be very independant and self starter
Will work from home and very rarely have to come to office in San Francisco
Must have solid communicaton skills
Will be running tests according to specific scripts
If interested, please send the following to email@example.com :
a) Your current Word formatted resume (no longer than 2-4 pages) — we never present without permission
b) Your hourly rate/ Annual Salary
c) Availability to start (i.e. 2 weeks notice, immediately, etc)
d) Three professional references from the last two years
We have a flashcard app to help dental students study for their exam. We need students to go through and look for bugs. Any candidates with dental or science(anatomy, physiology, biochemistry,microbiology) education will be preferred.
The Senior Game Advisor’s primary function is to assist the store management team in supervising all store activities as well as providing friendly, open and enthusiastic service to customers, in person and on the phone, including answering questions and assisting with product selection, purchase, or return. Assist with store merchandising, inventory control, loss prevention, restocking, store cleaning and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Ability to work unaccompanied and unsupervised for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to move unassisted throughout the store, stand and walk unaccompanied for extended periods of time (up to 12 hours per day).
- Ability to lift merchandise weighing up to 30 lbs. from ground level to minimum height of 4 feet.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.
- Possess strong customer service skills including clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Ensure that all customers are acknowledged in a friendly, open manner with a warm welcome and eye contact.
- Ensure that every customer is thanked for shopping at our store.
- Circulate throughout the store to assist customer(s) quickly and positively with product selection and questions.
- Listen, comprehend, and respond to customer comments or questions in person or on the phone.
- Answer phone calls promptly, courteously and professionally.
- Show customers products that fit their needs, and ask for the sale.
- Promptly process customer purchases/return transactions at point of sale via PC keyboard, including manual recording of customer data on paper, making accurate change, placing merchandise in a bag, and removing receipt from the printer to give to customer.
- Ensure that staff asks all customers making a purchase, return or exchange to purchase additional items (add-on sales).
- Ensure that staff provides excellent customer service and informs customers about special promotions, magazine subscriptions, pre-purchases (reservations), new items by phone (call lists) and the video game trade-in program.
- Provide supervisor authorization of transactions as required by policy.
- Ensure that customer complaints are handled quickly, effectively and courteously.
- Supervise the work of part time Game Advisors.
- Plan, organize, and delegate tasks to Game Advisors and follow up to ensure proper completion.
- Provide timely and appropriate feedback to Store Manager or Assistant Manager concerning associate performance issues.
- Ensure that all Game Advisors properly record their time worked. Responsible for verifying hours worked for the week and accurately closing out the payroll week.
- Responsible for organizing merchandise on shelves, alphabetizing titles, straightening products, and minimizing unused shelf space by facing out product.
- Responsible for restocking merchandise and moving product from the back room to the front of the store.
- Responsible for reviewing merchandise on displays to ensure that all products in the store are presented on the selling floor.
- Reprice merchandise by printing price stickers on the register or with a price gun to accurately produce a new price ticket, and place on the product.
- Place or remove adhesive backed promotional labels on appropriate products.
- Assist managers with store inventory counts by accurately recognizing product titles, counting quantities, and recording product/count information.
- Ensure that merchandise is properly priced and presented per the current marketing/promotional plans.
- Count, balance and reconcile daily business transaction totals on paper and record information into POS system.
- Ensure that all closeout paperwork for daily business transactions is completed correctly according to procedures.
- Complete bank deposit slips accurately and make bank deposits daily per established guidelines.
- Ensure store has sufficient cash and change for sales transactions.
- Ensure that all Game Advisors correctly follow all company transaction procedures.
- Record transaction information accurately.
- Place money and all media in the register immediately and close drawer after each transaction.
- Comply with all sale, exchange and refund policies, including check and credit card acceptance procedures.
- Maintain awareness of all in-store activity and stock levels; report any suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Department.
- Recognize potential theft/loss situations and provide personal customer service to deter theft.
- Visually inspect associates’ and managers’ packages or belongings at store closing or at the end of a shift.
- Ensure that sales floor is not left unattended. Responsible for ensuring that the store always has a supervisory employee present.
- Complete daily inventory counts and reconciliations.
- Check shipments for discrepancies/shortages and record shipment discrepancies for transmittal in the POS system.
- Protect keys, passwords and safe combinations.
- Conduct daily inventory (bulk) counts.
- Dust and clean shelves, counters, fixtures, merchandise, and store equipment.
- Organize backroom product, cash wrap backstock product, and store supplies.
- Pick up and discard paper, packing/wrapping material, and any other trash/garbage/debris within the store throughout the work shift.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Previous retail sales and/or management experience preferred.
- Possess basic mathematical skills and working knowledge of computerized cash register and POS system.
- Working knowledge of computerized cash register system preferred.
- Video game knowledge preferred, but not required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to comprehend and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures including, but not limited to, those related to attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to take initiative and handle various tasks simultaneously
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet specified deadlines for multiple, concurrent priorities
- Expert organizational skills, including a proven mastery of detail
- Ability to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders.
Looking for an animator to turn around a simple animation project for a web client in 2-3 weeks (after selection process is completed). The following video gives you a good feel for what we are looking for.http://lastpass.com/index.php (Look at bottom of page to play video). Project will be roughly a 60-75 seconds long and should be delivered in 2-3 weeks maximum after we track script. Animator would telecommute using computer equipment, programs, etc. If this project is in your wheelhouse please send a) examples of your work b) client references from that specific project you are providing me and c) pay requirements.
We are looking for Cartoon Voice Actors. Your range should cover, “hicks”, big black guys, to englishmen. I know that is broad, but if you have any of these down, please send me access to your work.
Ps. the project is for a mobile game. See link…